Fallout: New Vegas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

There are more stories than just the Courier's...

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

So it begins...

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Sir Passon

Sir Passon

So it begins... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: So it begins...   So it begins... - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 4:01 pm

Metus thought about it then shrugged "could be a day or it could be three days..." finishes the rest of his water and throws the bottle in a pouch "depends on bandits, bugs and things that may need to be fought, it took me a day and a half to get here and I probably fought off a small group of fiends and a powder ganger who thought had the upper hand on me, so it really depends on what we run into." pulls out a bag of chips and begins to munch on them.
Back to top Go down
The Fangorn Witch

The Fangorn Witch

PostSubject: Re: So it begins...   So it begins... - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 4:11 pm

Nyx shook slightly when he mentioned the fiends. She still had nightmares about the day they destroyed her family. "Well then...lets hope nothing particularly skilled bothers us."

They were walking for hours, the bright lights of the Strip growing fainter and fainter until they were no more than small specks of red, yellow, and blue. Nyx was glad to be away from the noisy city. The smaller the lights were, the more comfortable she felt. But that didn't maker her less observant to her surroundings. Anything could be in the Wasteland. The mutations of the Wastes continued to evolve at an alarming rate. Who knew what might pop up.
Back to top Go down
Sir Passon

Sir Passon

PostSubject: Re: So it begins...   So it begins... - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 4:14 pm

Metus stopped and put his arm in front of Nyx, he put his other finger over his muth as if to hush her, he then draws his sniper and kneels down to look ahead.
"Powder Gangers... looks like five of them." he whispered.
"Can you and that thing fight?" looks up from the scope still whispering quietly.
Back to top Go down
The Fangorn Witch

The Fangorn Witch

PostSubject: Re: So it begins...   So it begins... - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 4:19 pm

Nyx gave him a small grin. "I may not fight well." she said in a hushed tone. "But he can." Rusty had already detected the five men up ahead with his thermal sight. He played his familiar battle song at the sight of his enemies.

"Da-na-naaa-naaa-naaaaa!"
Back to top Go down
Sir Passon

Sir Passon

PostSubject: Re: So it begins...   So it begins... - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 4:21 pm

The powder gangers look in their direction "DAMN ROBOT!" Takes a shot and nails one through the chest dropping him as Metus stands drawing his revolvers readying himself to fight.
Back to top Go down
The Fangorn Witch

The Fangorn Witch

PostSubject: Re: So it begins...   So it begins... - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 4:30 pm

Rusty, not fully understanding that his battle cry doesn't give his humans the upper hand, hovered full speed at the powder gangers. The powder gangers, not fully understanding what was happening, fired at the hostile robot. Unfortunately for the gang members, Rusty's weak spot was very difficult to aim at and they were no near close to shooting it. The bullets did nothing but dent the robot's armor. He fired two rockets, killing one powerganger and crippling another. He then proceeded to fire his minigun arm, just as his sentry-bot ancestors would. The powdergangers took cover, popping up to return fire when they mustered up the courage.
Back to top Go down
Sir Passon

Sir Passon

PostSubject: Re: So it begins...   So it begins... - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 4:33 pm

Metus then thought, come on luck dont fail me now, and shot at a old steel gurder popping out from behind the hiding powder gangers which ricocheted off launching the bullet into the gangers arm causing him to fall outa cover thriving in pain.
"Awesome!"
Back to top Go down
The Fangorn Witch

The Fangorn Witch

PostSubject: Re: So it begins...   So it begins... - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 4:41 pm

Nyx took out her blue plasma gun and aimed carefully. She could fire it once every ten minutes, due to the slow recharge rate. Still a work in process. She fired and a large ball of blue plasma energy shot quickly in the direction of the powdergangers. The plasma ball splatted then exploded in a burning mess. A few were effected, but one unfortunate ganger writhed in pain the blue goo burning away his body. His screamed and flailed wildly, but it was no use.
Back to top Go down
Sir Passon

Sir Passon

PostSubject: Re: So it begins...   So it begins... - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 4:44 pm

"What the hell is that thing?!?" Runs quickly to shoot the powder ganger in the head to put him out of his misery. "I may kill people but I try to do it quick that just looks painful..." he looks over at the dead powderganger as the blue goup still eats away at his body.
Back to top Go down
The Fangorn Witch

The Fangorn Witch

PostSubject: Re: So it begins...   So it begins... - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 4:47 pm

Nyx sighed. "I know, I know." she said, slightly embarrassed. "It's still a work in process. You can't make enhancements if you aren't willing to experiment." She tucked the gun safely back into her holster and shrugged. "That is the world of science warfare." Rusty hovered back to his master, beeping happily. He obviously felt victorious.
Back to top Go down
Sir Passon

Sir Passon

PostSubject: Re: So it begins...   So it begins... - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 4:49 pm

Metus again looks at the powder ganger being eaten away as he turns away with a chill down his spine. "Come on... Jacobs should be another 9 hours away...." He said with concern in his voice as he lead on without looking at her.
Back to top Go down
The Fangorn Witch

The Fangorn Witch

PostSubject: Re: So it begins...   So it begins... - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 4:54 pm

She shrugged. She didn't care what he thought of her. She was well aware that her lack of care for humanity was disturbing to others. If people wanted to attack her, she would attack back twice as hard and a thousand times more efficient. She was still alive wasn't she?
Back to top Go down
Sir Passon

Sir Passon

PostSubject: Re: So it begins...   So it begins... - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 5:10 pm

Hours pass and it is calm, almost peaceful as they reach the gate of Jacobs town there stood a super mutant with a smile on his face.
"Iron! You made it back!" He laughed as he stepped from the gate to hug Metus.Metus laughed as he hugged him back and then stepped back "I told you I was gonna be back now didn't I Marcus" they shared a laugh as Metus pulled out a bag "and Look what I got." Marcus got a big smile on his face.
"Stealthboys! Excelent this will help Henry greatly with his research!" He then looks behind Metus and sees the two following him, "Uhh... Iron whos that and whats that?" he points from Nyx to Rusty.
"This is Nyx she wants to help figure out a cure for the Nightkin, and thats her traveling companion Rusty..." when he introduced the two his cheer in his voice faded as he saw the look on the Mutants face.
"Do you really think it is a good idea t bring an outsider here?" Marcu asked.
Metus raised and eyebrow at Marcus "I was an outsider once now wasn't I marcus? Look at all the good i have done here.... Take someone smart and let her in she might be able to do more then I have."
Marcus shook his head in agreement and directed his hand twords the path to the door "Well then Nyx, welcome to Jacobs town, I'm sure the Doc would love to meet you if your as smart as he says you are." Metus smiled.
Back to top Go down
The Fangorn Witch

The Fangorn Witch

PostSubject: Re: So it begins...   So it begins... - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 5:17 pm

Nyx was giddy as she watched the super mutant, curiosity gleaming in her eyes. She stumbled over her words a bit as she responded to Marcus. "T-Thank you." she managed to peep out. She followed Metus along the path to the large house that must have been some sort of lodge before the War. As they entered she let out a little gasp when she almost bumped into a grumpy Nightkin. "Ugh." the Nightkin grunted in disgust. "Two more humans? Like one wasn't enough."
Back to top Go down
Sir Passon

Sir Passon

PostSubject: Re: So it begins...   So it begins... - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 5:23 pm

Metus stares coldly at him "Really? I went out to bust my ass for you and your gonna act like this?" Shakes his head at the nightkin and walks into the medical area with Henry "Hey doc I got those stealth boys you wanted!" Grins as he places them on the table.
"Took you long enough, damn boy you have been gone for four damn days now, what the hell where you doing? Gambling? Drinking?" The Doc had a scowl on his face like it had been there for years, almost chizzled into his face.
"Calm yourself doc did you think I was gonna have an easy breezy walk there, the roads are crawling with bandits and thugs!" the Doc sighed and picked up the stealth boys then takes a sharp glance at Nyx as she enters the room.
"Who the hell is this?" he says irritated
Back to top Go down
The Fangorn Witch

The Fangorn Witch

PostSubject: Re: So it begins...   So it begins... - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 5:28 pm

The girl smiled politely at the doctor. "My name is Nyx Sinclair. I thought I could help you figure out why schizophrenia is a side effect of stealthboy addiction in the Nightkin race." she said in a polite professional tone, a voice she reserved for people she truly respected.
Back to top Go down
Sir Passon

Sir Passon

PostSubject: Re: So it begins...   So it begins... - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 5:34 pm

"Baaaah!" waves his hand as he goes back to his desk looking ver his notes examining stealthboy parts "and what can some bright eyed bubbly dame and he floating hunk of scrap do to help me." Starts to grumble as he begins reading again, then looks up "I barely get any help out of Slacker over here" He says waving irratantly
"HEY! I have saved this town multiple times from intruders and done a lot of gathering and a lot of work to fix this place! Hell look at the damn roofs I fiixed every last one of them and even installed a radiation purefirer to the plubing so we could all have pure water!" Metus begins to get a vein in the side of his head.
"And you took long enough getting more stealth boys, only three for that matter..." He scoffed as he went back to reading.
Metus waved his hands frustrated and irritated "YOU TOLD ME TO GET THREE!!!"
"Thats besides the point" he looks up with that same scowl.
Back to top Go down
The Fangorn Witch

The Fangorn Witch

PostSubject: Re: So it begins...   So it begins... - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 5:45 pm

Nyx ignored the two bickering back and forth. Her attention was focused on the dead Nightstalker laying on a hospital table. "Why are you studying Nightstalkers?" she asked, looking over at the doctor.
Back to top Go down
Sir Passon

Sir Passon

PostSubject: Re: So it begins...   So it begins... - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 5:54 pm

He looks away from Metus to Nyx "Because there is a link somewhere between the night stalkers invisibility and stealthboys, as to what its hard to say s I have been reading every bit and piece of literature I can find on both nightstalkera and stealthboys..." He begins to rub his temples.
"Most that literature in which I found>" Metus mumbles irritated.
"Shut up and quit whinning, it has helped my research but I can't quite place why the damn things do what they do..." sets his glasses on the table. "I need somthing cold..." Stands up and reaches into the fridge pulling out a Nuka Cola and sits back down to drink it. "This whole damn thing is running me in circles, the Nightkin become schitzos and the Nightstalkers go Invisible I dont know what the hell it is whether itts a short in the stealth boys that cause the nightkin to go nuts or a leak of its contents.." Takes another drink of his Nuka slowly.
Back to top Go down
The Fangorn Witch

The Fangorn Witch

PostSubject: Re: So it begins...   So it begins... - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 5:59 pm

Nyx paused for a moment, thinking intently. She then spoke up, speaking slowly as she though. "Have you ever tried using neuro-peptide stimulators on a Nightstalker brain? Results should be similar to a live brain. It could you figure out that missing link..."
Back to top Go down
Sir Passon

Sir Passon

PostSubject: Re: So it begins...   So it begins... - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 6:06 pm

"Well of course! What idiot wouldnt have thought of.... oh wait... Thats... Genius" He stands quickly running over to the body and uses neuro-peptide to activate the controlls of the brain watching the Nightstalker turn invisible and begins to take notes and study the brain waves. He begins to smile and take more notes and write furiously.
"Great he has gone into one of his working fits..." He lights up another cigar and begins to smoke.
Back to top Go down
The Fangorn Witch

The Fangorn Witch

PostSubject: Re: So it begins...   So it begins... - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 6:09 pm

Nyx smiled as she watched the old man write excitedly, perhaps he wouldn't figure out exactly why the stealthboys gave the Nightkin schizophrenia today, but he was definitely a step closer to the answer.
Back to top Go down
Sir Passon

Sir Passon

PostSubject: Re: So it begins...   So it begins... - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 6:16 pm

"That crazy old man..." Shakes his head as he walks upstairs "Nyx, come on, I'll show you to a room for the night." grumbles...
Back to top Go down
The Fangorn Witch

The Fangorn Witch

PostSubject: Re: So it begins...   So it begins... - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 6:17 pm

Nyx nodded and followed Metus. "Thank you." she said softly, eyeing the Nightkin that were glaring at the two.
Back to top Go down
Sir Passon

Sir Passon

PostSubject: Re: So it begins...   So it begins... - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 6:22 pm

He leads her to a room that says Metus on it "You can take my room for the night, the only other room we have is the one across from me but I havent gotten around to building a door for it yet." He opens the door to a neat clean room with a nice bed. "I try to keep my room clean, just cause the rest of the world is a wasteland doesnt mean my room has to be." He turns to walk to the other room but before entering turns to say "And I know this is probably rare for you but it has a working shower and sink, we have a spring that all the snow runs into and melts so we have a near unlimited water supply.... if you plan on taking a hot shower let it run a few minutes." He turns back to go into the other room and thinks, Out of all the months I have been here i think the plumbing has been my proudest work, then he chuckles to himself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So it begins...   So it begins... - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

So it begins...
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fallout: New Vegas :: Chapter I-
Jump to: