Fallout: New Vegas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

There are more stories than just the Courier's...

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

So it begins...

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Sir Passon

Sir Passon

So it begins... Empty
PostSubject: So it begins...   So it begins... EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 9:15 pm

The Mojave, a land torn by murder, war, and waste. The land is split and factions rule over the Mojave. The NCR, the Legion, the Kahns, the Powder Gangers, all are here, all of them with their own intents on plans for the war struck land. Yet in the middle of all this lies a place once said to be of sins and riches, a place where rich men fell to poverty and the poor could rise to kings, yet this is only a Gem in the sands of this otherwise tattered wasteland.
In this land, there is much to be done, sides to be picked, and powers to be taken and lost. In this land it can be all for one or one for themselves. Free control or slavered choices. This land is where our story starts, this gem is where it all begins, where all is met and now all must come to its start, Welcome to
NEW VEGAS

A tall man enters the gates of free side north stunned at the scenery and bright lights coming from the strip.

Metus: Sure is a long way from the canyon...

Begins to look around.

Metus: hmm... No super mutants or Nightkin.... maybe I dont have to worry about being ripped to shreds...

Starts to walk to the cross intersection where a boy stands on the cornner yelling about Mick and Ralphs and begins to ask the boy what he knows about this place.
Back to top Go down
The Fangorn Witch

The Fangorn Witch

So it begins... Empty
PostSubject: Re: So it begins...   So it begins... EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 9:27 pm

A girl, short in stature looked around nervously. Freeside had always made her nervous. Thugs jumping out of nowhere, King members hollering obscene remarks, and shady jet dealers promising to hook you up with a fix. Gross, loud, crazy. I hate the city... thought Nyx as she walked around cautiously. Her companion Rusty beeped softly as if he noticed her nervous manner. At least, she believed that. Others couldn't understand the delicate language of beeping Rusty communicated with. But being his creator, Nyx could understand him perfectly. "The sooner we get to the Wrangler the sooner we can leave..." mumbled Nyx as she walked passed the gate that lead deeper into Freeside.
Back to top Go down
Sir Passon

Sir Passon

So it begins... Empty
PostSubject: Re: So it begins...   So it begins... EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 9:34 pm

After speaking with the shouting boy he decided he could use a drink, he chuckled as he thought, The doc would be so mad if he found out I was drinking on a search mission. "I believe He said the wrangler was a cheap place for a..." he stopped dead in his sentence once he heard a beep, he turned curiously to see a small women walking with a strange looking robot. She don't look to comfortable here, Hetus thought. He than shrugged and began walking towards the wrangler as if he where walking through a peaceful neighbor hood, almost careless and worry free.
Back to top Go down
The Fangorn Witch

The Fangorn Witch

So it begins... Empty
PostSubject: Re: So it begins...   So it begins... EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 9:48 pm

Nyx peered behind her shoulder, glancing at the man that was apparently heading in the same direction. Her pace quickened unintentionally, Rusty speeding up behind her. As she passed the Kings Headquarters she heard a couple of Kings yell out in surprise.
"Damn! And I thought those big Vegas murder-bots were scary!"
She giggled quietly, but kept her pace.
She passed the poorly dressed blonde that was dancing provocatively on the street corner advertising the Atomic Wrangler then slipped inside the building. As she entered she already had the extreme urge to cough. The smoke filled room reeked of dust and booze. She went up to the bar and sat in the stool, Rusty calmly floating behind her.
"That thing under control?" asked the bartender as he cleaned a glass, eyeing her robot suspiciously.
Nyx looked up, somewhat startled. "Oh! Yes, of course. He'll be fine as long as no one tries to harm me."
The bartender nodded. "Alright. Just make sure it doesn't break any shit. So, what will it be?"
Back to top Go down
Sir Passon

Sir Passon

So it begins... Empty
PostSubject: Re: So it begins...   So it begins... EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 9:56 pm

Metus lit up a cigar as he watched the girl go inside the wrangler. He opened the door and embraced the smell as he smiled wide with the cigar in his mouth. "Nothing like the smell of booze smoke and sin." Chuckles as he sits at the bar. "Bar keep! Can I get Rum and Nuka on the rocks" takes and big drag of his cigar.
Back to top Go down
The Fangorn Witch

The Fangorn Witch

So it begins... Empty
PostSubject: Re: So it begins...   So it begins... EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 10:01 pm

Nyx looked up anxiously as the tall man busted into the bar cheerfully. She looked away quickly, focusing on the small drops of water forming on her nuka-cola bottle. She was meeting someone. Sooner they arrived the better, but they were nowhere in sight. Why did they choose this place? she thought to herself. Deep down she knew exactly why. To piss her off. Make her feel uncomfortable. The man she was meeting knew that she hated places like this. Loud, drunk people mixed with disorienting fumes of smoke and poor hygiene.

He should really know better to mess with a genius with a deathbot.
Back to top Go down
Sir Passon

Sir Passon

So it begins... Empty
PostSubject: Re: So it begins...   So it begins... EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 10:04 pm

Smiles as he gets his drink and takes a sip. Looks over at the girl and lifts his glass to make a small cheer towards the small girl and her robot "To rad poisoning rite?" smiles softly.
Back to top Go down
The Fangorn Witch

The Fangorn Witch

So it begins... Empty
PostSubject: Re: So it begins...   So it begins... EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 10:10 pm

Rad poisoning? That's hardly something to be toasting. It's terrible thing that has claimed millions of lives since the Great War. Due to Nyx always exploring radiation filled locations, she had practically put herself on a Radaway life-support until all the rads were purged from her system. If she wasn't so experienced in the medical field, she surely would have died. She still felt slightly fatigued due to close calls from time to time. Definitely nothing good to toast about...

Perhaps he was being sarcastic. In that case...

"Um, uh. Yes. To...rad poisoning." she responded quietly, not looking him directly in the eye as she raised her glass slightly.
Back to top Go down
Sir Passon

Sir Passon

So it begins... Empty
PostSubject: Re: So it begins...   So it begins... EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 10:14 pm

Smooth move rad roach she probably thinks your some weirdo... You are a weirdo look at the mixed armor you wear... Shut up me... wait... man I piss myself off sometimes...

"So, what brings you to the Gem in the wastes?" takes off sunglasses and tucks them away to reveal white eyes with a silver lining separating the iris from the rest of the eye.
Back to top Go down
The Fangorn Witch

The Fangorn Witch

So it begins... Empty
PostSubject: Re: So it begins...   So it begins... EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 10:22 pm

Is he talking to me? Why is he talking to me... I obviously have a robot that would fight to the death for me. Therefore I am not a good mugging target. Nor am I the most provocative dressed woman here. There is no reason to be speaking to me. she thought silently, her mind racing. Perhaps it was the environment that was making her anxious. No, she's just pretty anxious around people in general.

"Certainly not to drink." she responded quietly. "This isn't exactly my time of...hangout. I'm here to meet someone." Rusty beeped quietly, making it difficult to understand exactly what he was saying. The tone of beeping sounded nervous though. She patted the robot's shell gently to calm him.
Back to top Go down
Sir Passon

Sir Passon

So it begins... Empty
PostSubject: Re: So it begins...   So it begins... EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 10:25 pm

I think I have heard that beep before.. But, thats a Mr. Gutsy Unit? no...

"Oh my apologies... Boyfriend of your?" He takes another sip of his drink and then puts out his cigar.

I wasnt trying to hit on her... she doesnt sound like she wants to talk to you, I am not hitting on her whats it matter? I'm just talking rite? that robot sure is interesting...
Back to top Go down
The Fangorn Witch

The Fangorn Witch

So it begins... Empty
PostSubject: Re: So it begins...   So it begins... EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 10:32 pm

Nyx giggled softly and shook her head. "No, no. This is a robot I created that I call RST3-3, or Rusty." The robot beeped in agreement at the mention of his name. "Tough as a sentry-bot, the nerves of a Mister Gutsy, communication and personality of an eyebot, and the intelligence far superior to all three." Nyx blushed when she realized she had gloated a little. She was quite proud of Rusty and really didn't get to talk about him much since he was the only company she had for the last year. By choice of course. If she wanted human company, she could get it... or so she told herself.
Back to top Go down
Sir Passon

Sir Passon

So it begins... Empty
PostSubject: Re: So it begins...   So it begins... EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 10:36 pm

He smirks "I thought that didnt look standard" Looks Rusty up and down "I see you abandoned the original caleo aux speaker it used to communicate and used the b45 aux system from the gutsy, or atleast it sounds that way. I thought you to be Brotherhood with tech like that but you have no symbol, independent waste lander?" Smiles as he turns to the girl and takes a sip as he waits to hear the womens response.
Back to top Go down
The Fangorn Witch

The Fangorn Witch

So it begins... Empty
PostSubject: Re: So it begins...   So it begins... EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 10:44 pm

She ignored his reference to Rusty's systems. She didn't exactly feel like explaining how she made him. Maybe if she knew him more, but for now she didn't want to waste her breath.
She shook her head again. "I'm definitely not with the Brotherhood, but I would love to meet one of their members. Their fascination and love for technology is honorable. I heard there was a bunker somewhere around here and I've always wanted to search for it. They probably would find me a threat though considering I have Rusty here. They might just try to steal him away." she said playfully, poking her robot. He beeped in surprise then used one of his arms to poke her very gently back. "But to answer your question, yes. I have no affiliation. If anything I just dislike certain factions, but I never really join any."
Back to top Go down
Sir Passon

Sir Passon

So it begins... Empty
PostSubject: Re: So it begins...   So it begins... EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 10:51 pm

"Well the best way to be is faction free" Chuckles a little as he finishes his drink and sets it down. "So if your not meeting a boyfriend why come to a shabby place like this to meet someone, you seem a little too.... smart and sophisticated for a dive like this."
The bartender breaks in "HEY! if you think this is such a dive then why stay!?!"

Looks over at the bartender "Oh calm down Im sitting and drinking in this place ain't I? I obviously don't think this place is below me." Smiles as he puts down a few bottle caps, "Could I get a refill?" smiles

The bartender just shakes his head and makes him another drink.
Back to top Go down
The Fangorn Witch

The Fangorn Witch

So it begins... Empty
PostSubject: Re: So it begins...   So it begins... EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 11:08 pm

"Trust me." she said with a sigh. "I'd rather not be here." She suddenly realized she sounded kinda snobby saying that. "I-I mean, I'm just not the...social type." she clarified before sipping a drink of her nuka-cola. The sweet, shocking taste calmed her down a bit. Though she didn't like to admit it, she did have a genuine love for nuka-cola. It's better than jet. she thought to herself to make herself feel less ashamed.

Suddenly the door opened and a rugged man walked in. He had a toothpick in his mouth, combat armor, a hunting revolver at his side, and an eyepatch. As if the revolver wasn't intimidating enough. Her stature instantly stiffed as he entered and walked calmly over to her and the man who she had been chatting with. He looked at her, then the man. "Thought you weren't bringing any friends, Nyx." he said, his voice deep and laced with irritation.

"I didn't." she said back, somewhat annoyed that he felt superior. "Glad you could finally make it."

The man gave her a smirk. "You know, Nyx. This place don't fit ya. You should be glad you have that trashbot there. Men might pick up on that innocent vibe you're giving off."

Nyx's face turned red as she looked away angrily. "Can we just get to business? We are straying from the actual purpose of this trip."

The man chuckled darkly. "Yes ma'am." he said sarcastically. "Did you find them?"

She nodded. "Yes. They weren't easy to get." She opened her backpack and gently took out a large bundle. "There are five of them. Like you requested."

He reached out for the bundle, but Rusty's arm blocked his way. The robot beeped darkly. "Still have your bodyguard I see? Fine, fine. He's your money. 500 caps a piece, no need to get touchy." The man pulled out a bag of caps and plopped it on the bar table.

"Thank you." Nyx said as she handed over the bundle.

The man nodded. "You know...there could be another 100 caps for so or ya if you did another little job for me..." He touched he leg gently.
Back to top Go down
Sir Passon

Sir Passon

So it begins... Empty
PostSubject: Re: So it begins...   So it begins... EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 11:14 pm

Metus pulled out another cigar and lit up as he turned away from the two and lit it up while listening in on the two. I wonder what the hell is in that bag.
He sneakly placed his hand over one of the revolvers as if ready for somthing to happen, then tilts his head down allowing his hat to shadow his face making it so all you see is the lower part of his face and the glow of a cherry tipped cigar.
Back to top Go down
The Fangorn Witch

The Fangorn Witch

So it begins... Empty
PostSubject: Re: So it begins...   So it begins... EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 11:26 pm

She looked up at the man and pushed his hand away in disgust. "Ugh, really?! Do you really think I'd want anything else to do with you?"

The man gritted his teeth with anger as if she just punched his ego in the face. He grabbed her wrist tightly and pulled her closer to him. She could smell the whiskey and cigarettes on his breath. "Now listen here girl..."

Before he could let out another syllable Rusty raised his arms, threatening to fire if his master wasn't released. Instead of doing the logical thing and letting her go, the man grabbed his revolver and spun her around then pointed it at her back. "Ah, ah, ah..."

The bar quieted as everyone looked up to see what was going on. Rusty beeped with frustration and anger, but he didn't lower his arms.

"Really? You think this is a good idea? You're a lot more stu--mmphmpphh!" said Nyx before he covered her mouth tightly with his hand. He began to inch his way to the door, eyeing the robot closely who was inching along cautiously with him. The robot couldn't get a clear shot, his master's body was blocking the threat's.
Back to top Go down
Sir Passon

Sir Passon

So it begins... Empty
PostSubject: Re: So it begins...   So it begins... EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 11:30 pm

Metus quickly drew his revolver and shot the gun out of the mans hand without even turning his head. "I would let her go if I where you." aims the revolver up a little higher "Or your head is going to be splattered all over the floor" Grins as he turns towards the man "and I'm sure the nice bartender here wouldn't want to clean up such a mess" takes a long drag of his cigar hanging out of his mouth and breathes the smoke out his nose with a stern intimidating look in his eyes.
Back to top Go down
The Fangorn Witch

The Fangorn Witch

So it begins... Empty
PostSubject: Re: So it begins...   So it begins... EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 11:37 pm

The man looked up, his pride hurt. He gritted his teeth as he picked up his gun and left the Wrangler without a fuss. Nyx, more disgusted by the fact he had his hand over her mouth, sighed with relief and walked back over to her seat. After a quiet moment she looked up at the man and struggled to get the words out. "Thanks...That could have went badly. Rusty can only do so much in such a confined space." Rusty beeped sadly, his arms lowering in disappointment. Nyx smiled and patted her robot gently. "It's okay, you would have handled it. Besides, you saved me too many times already. Can't let you have all the glory." The robot perked up a bit, but still hovered a little lower than usual. She took the bag of caps that the man left on the bar counter and gave it to Rusty. "Count these out will you?" she asked. Rusty beeped, glad to have something to do.
Back to top Go down
Sir Passon

Sir Passon

So it begins... Empty
PostSubject: Re: So it begins...   So it begins... EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 11:40 pm

Metus twirled his revolver in a little gun trick and as he holstirered his revolver. "Well I couldn't let a grubby man like that hurt a pretty young thing like you." Smirks as he turns to look you in the eyes. "No could I, Nyx" Smiles as he takes another drag off his cigar.
Back to top Go down
The Fangorn Witch

The Fangorn Witch

So it begins... Empty
PostSubject: Re: So it begins...   So it begins... EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 11:44 pm

Nyx rolled her eyes slightly and smiled. By the way he was acting, he really sounded like a womanizer. "Yes, well. This pretty young thing doesn't have any more business here." she said as she stood up. She chugged down the last bit of nuka-cola and placed the glass on the table.
Back to top Go down
Sir Passon

Sir Passon

So it begins... Empty
PostSubject: Re: So it begins...   So it begins... EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 11:46 pm

He stood with her and smiled "Ive had my drink and fun, I actually have to grab a few stealth boys while I am here for the Doc back in Jacobs town" Opens the door for her.
Back to top Go down
The Fangorn Witch

The Fangorn Witch

So it begins... Empty
PostSubject: Re: So it begins...   So it begins... EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 11:48 pm

She walked out the door and looked up at him curiously. "Jacobstown?" she said. "Like...the super mutant refuge?" A thousand questions filled her head, but she only managed to choke one out. "You've...you've been there?"
Back to top Go down
Sir Passon

Sir Passon

So it begins... Empty
PostSubject: Re: So it begins...   So it begins... EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 11:52 pm

Smiles "I live there helping the Nightkin and Super Mutants, I'm actually here to pick up somth stealth boy for the docs research on how they affect the nightkin and how to reverse the process." Puts his sunglasses back on as he squints really bad until his shades rest tightly against his face to block out the sunlight.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

So it begins... Empty
PostSubject: Re: So it begins...   So it begins... Empty

Back to top Go down

So it begins...
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fallout: New Vegas :: Chapter I-
Jump to: