Fallout: New Vegas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

There are more stories than just the Courier's...

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

<Companion Protocol:: Begin>

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
The Fangorn Witch

The Fangorn Witch

<Companion Protocol:: Begin>  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: <Companion Protocol:: Begin>    <Companion Protocol:: Begin>  - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 3:28 pm

She shrugged. "It's fine. Everybody has that one thing that brings up bad memories. I know I do..." she said softly.
Back to top Go down
Sir Passon

Sir Passon

PostSubject: Re: <Companion Protocol:: Begin>    <Companion Protocol:: Begin>  - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 3:32 pm

He looked at her with a thank you like smile "So whats next?"
Back to top Go down
The Fangorn Witch

The Fangorn Witch

PostSubject: Re: <Companion Protocol:: Begin>    <Companion Protocol:: Begin>  - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 3:39 pm

She thought for a moment. "Let's go talk to the King." she said nodding with her decision. "He could give us a new lead."
Back to top Go down
Sir Passon

Sir Passon

PostSubject: Re: <Companion Protocol:: Begin>    <Companion Protocol:: Begin>  - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 3:40 pm

Metus "But we just talked to some kings?" He said a little confused by the statement.
Back to top Go down
The Fangorn Witch

The Fangorn Witch

PostSubject: Re: <Companion Protocol:: Begin>    <Companion Protocol:: Begin>  - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 3:42 pm

She sighed. "I explained earlier. The Kings are divided. Some are trying to work things out with the NCR like The King is and some are trying to fight them like Pacer." She walked in out of the bar, heading towards the headquarters. "It would be good to hear from the actually head honcho."
Back to top Go down
Sir Passon

Sir Passon

PostSubject: Re: <Companion Protocol:: Begin>    <Companion Protocol:: Begin>  - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 4:25 pm

Metus shrugged and began to follower her to the kings head quarter, he walked with a readiness to attack, he could never be to careful in freeside.
Back to top Go down
The Fangorn Witch

The Fangorn Witch

PostSubject: Re: <Companion Protocol:: Begin>    <Companion Protocol:: Begin>  - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 5:54 pm

As they entered the headquarters, Nyx sneezed. Every building had so much dust, Nyx's nose could barely take it. "The King is probably upstairs." she said to Metus who was following her. She walked through the building, ignoring stares from greasers who eyed her strangely. Finally, on the third floor they found the King.
Back to top Go down
Sir Passon

Sir Passon

PostSubject: Re: <Companion Protocol:: Begin>    <Companion Protocol:: Begin>  - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 5:57 pm

Metus stood more cautiously, ready to strike even more then before, he felt like he was in a foreign territory, he felt tense and on edge as they entered the room.
Back to top Go down
The Fangorn Witch

The Fangorn Witch

PostSubject: Re: <Companion Protocol:: Begin>    <Companion Protocol:: Begin>  - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 6:16 pm

The King looked up and cocked an eyebrow. "Look Rexie, some people came to visit us." The cyberdog barked, but didn't get up. He panted beside his master, eyeing the two strangers cautiously. When Rusty entered the room a few seconds later, the dog got up and curiously sniffed at him. The robot beeped and poked the cyberdog gently with an arm. "So, what can I do for you?" asked the King, not getting up from his seat.

Nyx stepped up. "We're here investigating the NCR and their raider affiliations. They held an attack on Jacobstown, a mutant sanctuary, and we're trying to get to the bottom of it."

The King gave her an interested, but confused look. "I don't really know much I can tell you." he said after thinking for a moment. "No one really tells me much. I may be the leader of the Kings, but my men have minds of their own. Did you try asking them?"

Nyx nodded. "Yes, but we were wondering if you knew something. Anything could help."

He thought again for a moment. "Well... almost a year or so ago, some lady came in here asking if us Kings knew anything about them soldier boys. Saying something about the NCR persuading raider gangs onto their side. She said her 'ducks' were mad about it."

The girl gave him a weird look. "Ducks? You mean Dux?"

The King nodded. "Yeah, yeah. Sure I guess."

Nyx turned to Metus. "That's the Latin word for Leader. She was probably trying to find information for the Legion." She looked at the King again. "Did you catch her name? Appearance?"

"Uhh... Carla I think. She just got married, I remember because she was pretty and well ya know." he said with a laugh. "Boone was her last name. I could be wrong though."
Back to top Go down
Sir Passon

Sir Passon

PostSubject: Re: <Companion Protocol:: Begin>    <Companion Protocol:: Begin>  - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 6:23 pm

Metus continued to stand confused at how his men could act like such pricks but the king stands to be so nice and peaceful, he then looked a Nyx "So... Where do we go from here?"
Back to top Go down
The Fangorn Witch

The Fangorn Witch

PostSubject: Re: <Companion Protocol:: Begin>    <Companion Protocol:: Begin>  - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 6:28 pm

Nyx didn't respond, the name still rung in here ears. Carla Boone. Her eyes were wide as she turned around and left the building. There was just no way. But... why? She walked out of the headquarters silently, her ears ringing.
Back to top Go down
Sir Passon

Sir Passon

PostSubject: Re: <Companion Protocol:: Begin>    <Companion Protocol:: Begin>  - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 6:29 pm

Metus was confused as he turned towards the king and nodded his head as to say thank you and walked out after Nyx "Is something wrong?" he put his hand on her shoulder.
Back to top Go down
The Fangorn Witch

The Fangorn Witch

PostSubject: Re: <Companion Protocol:: Begin>    <Companion Protocol:: Begin>  - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 6:42 pm

"About six months ago I began to travel from town to town. I wanted to help people. Teach them how to properly care for themselves. I guess I kinda missed human company." she admitted. "When I arrived in Novac I met Carla Boone." said Nyx softly. "I became her doctor for the short time I was in Novac. She was married to a 1st Recon Sniper. She was almost six months pregnant." She continued to walk as she spoke, trying to sort out her thoughts. "She hated it there, said it was nothing compared to the Strip. Kept telling me I should escape the 'hellhole' that Novac was. But I was planning on staying at least until her child was born. Lots of women die during childbirth nowadays. But..." Nyx sighed softly. "She went missing. Craig came running to me, telling me they took her. Said he was going to find her and to be ready to help her when he came back. I offered to go with him to help, but he said he had to go alone. When he came back he was alone..." She paused. "He said she was dead. That the Legion killed her. I left Novac after that and haven't heard from him since."
Back to top Go down
Sir Passon

Sir Passon

PostSubject: Re: <Companion Protocol:: Begin>    <Companion Protocol:: Begin>  - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 6:45 pm

Metus paused and wrapped his arms around her in a warm embracing hug, he thought it could help to show that he did care "I'm sorry" he said as he continued to hug her, as if it was helping he wasnt sure.
Back to top Go down
The Fangorn Witch

The Fangorn Witch

PostSubject: Re: <Companion Protocol:: Begin>    <Companion Protocol:: Begin>  - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 6:46 pm

She shrugged. "I wasn't close to her." she lied. "I was just gonna try to be a good person for once. Try to like humanity more. Once again it proved to disappoint me."
Back to top Go down
Sir Passon

Sir Passon

PostSubject: Re: <Companion Protocol:: Begin>    <Companion Protocol:: Begin>  - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 6:48 pm

Metus let go rolling his eyes and began walking to the freeside gates, He had a general Idea of where Novac was, he had passed it in his travels, all he really remembered of it was the giant green dino thingy.
Back to top Go down
The Fangorn Witch

The Fangorn Witch

PostSubject: Re: <Companion Protocol:: Begin>    <Companion Protocol:: Begin>  - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 6:52 pm

She sighed, seeing that she disappointed him. Whatever. she thought coldly. "If she was a Legion informant, then she must had done something to piss them off. Becoming pregnant with a high target NCR soldier would do the trick. They most likely captured her and offed her to send a message." That message from Caesar being: You're never beyond my reach.
Back to top Go down
Sir Passon

Sir Passon

PostSubject: Re: <Companion Protocol:: Begin>    <Companion Protocol:: Begin>  - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 6:55 pm

Metus shrugged "NCR, Legion, doesnt matter there all savage cold groups" he said scoffing as he said the names and continued walking tot he exit of freeside. I don't understand how she can be so damn cold, I bet if I was offed she could give a damn less and never do a thing to help Jacobs town...
Back to top Go down
The Fangorn Witch

The Fangorn Witch

PostSubject: Re: <Companion Protocol:: Begin>    <Companion Protocol:: Begin>  - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 7:01 pm

They had been walking for a good six hours, taking breaks when they were tired or hungry. They still had quite a while to go. The tension between the two was thick enough to touch. She finally stopped dead in her tracks. "Look, what is your problem? Lost interest because I'm not a happy bubbly person? Well, look around you! It's the Wasteland, there isn't much to be happy about!"
Back to top Go down
Sir Passon

Sir Passon

PostSubject: Re: <Companion Protocol:: Begin>    <Companion Protocol:: Begin>  - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 7:12 pm

Metus stopped and turned around in confusion "We haven't said anything in almost 3 hours and you come up with an argument?" he looks at her irritated "And I don't care if your bright and bubbly or dark and sad cause either way you would be showing emotion, you know something humans and apparently your robot do!" He blew up and began getting more furious "Your damn creation of nuts and bolts shows more emotion then you do, a being of flesh and blood!" He looks at her close as he stands rite infront of her now towering over her "You probably never cared about a damn thing in your life! I bet the super mutants where all just some crazy ass research project you wanted to do and you probably couldnt of given a damn less!" He roars as his voice fills with more anger a he yells "Unlike you! I care for people, I understand that this whole world is a god forsaken wasteland and that it is hell to live in< BUT!" he pauses as he lowers his voice and gets a sad expresion on his face "I just want to try to live and make it a little better... and I thought you where starting to open up and be human to me but even now you cant manage that... Sometimes i wonder if you know what being human is, what feelings are, what it is to like someone as who they are and not because they are healthy in this wasteland or an interesting study!" he finally throws his hands at his sides and turns around real quick "You maybe smart, but you still lack a warm heart..." he didnt let her see his face as it was struck with pain and sorrow.
Back to top Go down
The Fangorn Witch

The Fangorn Witch

PostSubject: Re: <Companion Protocol:: Begin>    <Companion Protocol:: Begin>  - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 7:17 pm

Nyx was shocked. She couldn't say anything... Her throat choked up and her eyes filled with tears. She took off, running quickly away from him. Hot tears streaming down her face, their bitter saltiness seeping into her lips. For such a little thing, she could run extremely fast, there was no way Metus would be able to catch the little rabbit she became. Even her robot had a hard time keeping up with her. He was beeping frantically, probably yelling at her to slow down. But she wouldn't. He's wrong... she thought to herself as she ran, sobbing. He couldn't be more wrong...
Back to top Go down
Sir Passon

Sir Passon

PostSubject: Re: <Companion Protocol:: Begin>    <Companion Protocol:: Begin>  - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 7:23 pm

Metus sighed heavily "Whats wrong with me?" he put his hand on his head "There you go, tell the cute girl you find to be amazing that shes a heartless cold emotionless..." he cut himself now completely furious with himself, "I'm a fucking idiot..." He then began to run after her following he prints and her general direction, he knew he wouldnt be able to catch up but all he could hope for was that she slowed down or stopped, he was no where near as fast in his heavy armor and case... Please forgive me Nyx... all he wanted was to get to the bottom of Jacobs town, now he couldn't care less as a desire of only wanting to be forgiven by her consumed him as he continued running.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: <Companion Protocol:: Begin>    <Companion Protocol:: Begin>  - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

<Companion Protocol:: Begin>
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fallout: New Vegas :: Chapter I-
Jump to: